With summer fast approaching, it’s time to start planning trips and activities! Here are some great ideas for planning and finding trips on a budget.
· *Check out website like Groupon and Living Social. There are many hotel, flight, and activity discounts for children and adults.
· *Always be on the lookout. Check out silent auctions and fundraiser events throughout the year and bid on great vacations for a fraction of the cost.
· *Find last minute deals on travel websites such as Travel Zoo, Expedia, Orbitz, etc.
· *Trade with a friend! If a friend has a timeshare and you have a family cabin, switch it up!
· *Have a birthday during summer? Celebrate your special day with discounts! Many theme parks offer discounts and many restaurants will give you a free meal!
· *Check for coupons on cereal boxes, soda cans, and at fast food restaurants.
· *Cut food costs by checking out restaurants.com for local restaurants. You can buy $25 gift cards for $2!
· *Many local attractions (fair, boardwalk, etc.) will offer discounts for bringing in recyclables or canned goods.
· *Check out large chain stores like Costco and Sam’s Club. They have discounted movie tickets, local restaurant gift certificates, and vacation packages at a reduced price.
· *Take advantage of AAA, ARP, and credit card rewards and discounts.
· *Do your research! Print coupons online, look at forms for special promotions and discounts, and call theme parks and hotels for unknown discounts.